Computer Input and Output
Active In SP
Joined: Feb 2011
14-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Computer Input and Output.ppt (Size: 522 KB / Downloads: 86)
Definition of Computer
A device that computes, especially a programmable electronic machine that performs high-speed mathematical or logical operations or that assembles, stores, correlates, or otherwise processes information
Computers Have Two Main Parts.
1. Computer Hardware
2. Computer Software
What is Computer Hardware?
• Computer Hardware is the physical part of the computer system, the machinery and equipment.
Parts of the computer “you can see”
Examples of Computer Hardware
Monitor: T.V. like screen used to show pictures and words
CPU: Central Processing Unit this is where most of the computer’s calculations take place. In terms of computing power, the CPU is the most important element of a computing system.
Keyboard: This device is used to type information into the computer and contains the numbers 0-9.
More Computer Hardware
Mouse: a small device, which you move across the top of the desk to move the pointer or cursor on the screen.
Printer: used to make a paper copy of the information into the computer.
I[b]mage Scanner:[/b] an electronic device that generates a digital representation of an image for data input to a computer
What is Computer Software?
• Computer Software are programs that tell the computer what to do.
• Microsoft Word-word processing program
• Microsoft PowerPoint-presentation program
• Microsoft Excel-work book program used to track, calculate, and analyze numeric data
Computer Input Devices
• Computer Devices that input information in the computer
• Key Board
Computer Output Devices
• Computer Devices that output information from the computer.
Input and Output
• Users submit input data
• Users get processed information
• Data from the user to the computer
• Converts raw data into electronic form
– Looks like typewriter with extra keys
– Fast food restaurants
– Each key represents a food item rather than a character
• Give commands
• Software specific
• Typewriter keys
• Special command keys
• Numeric Keys
• Num Lock – toggle
• On – numeric data & math symbols
• Off – cursor movement
• Cursor Movement Keys
– 1 or 2 buttons
Active In SP
Joined: Mar 2011
02-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Tell me please something about Zig bee
Please show off here the palm size How It Is looking.
Is this In UPLOAD In your Seminar.