Active In SP
Joined: Jan 2010
27-01-2010, 11:46 PM
I want to have information about GOOGLE WAVE.
computer science technology|
Active In SP
Joined: Jan 2010
28-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Google Wave is a self-described "personal communication and collaboration tool" announced by Google .Google Wave helps users communicate and collaborate on the web. A "wave" is equal parts conversation and document, where users can almost instantly communicate and work together It is a web-based service, computing platform, and communications protocol designed to merge with richly formatted text, photos, videos, maps, e-mail, instant messaging, wikis, and social networking. Google Wave is also a platform with a rich set of open APIs that allow developers to embed waves in other web services and to build extensions that work inside waves. It has a strong collaborative and real-time[ focus supported by extensions that can provide, for example, spelling/grammar checking, automated translation among 40 languages and numerous other extensions
Google Wave has a lot of innovative features, but here are just a few:
- Real-time: In most instances, you can see what someone else is typing, character-by-character.
- Embeddability: Waves can be embedded on any blog or website.
- Applications and Extensions: Just like a Facebook application or an iGoogle gadget, developers can build their own apps within waves. They can be anything from bots to complex real-time games.
- Wiki functionality: Anything written within a Google Wave can be edited by anyone else, because all conversations within the platform are shared. Thus, you can correct information, append information, or add your own commentary within a developing conversation.
- Open source: The Google Wave code will be open source, to foster innovation and adoption amongst developers.
- Playback: You can playback any part of the wave to see what was said.
- Natural language: Google Wave can autocorrect your spelling, even going as far as knowing the difference between similar words, like been and bean. It can also auto-translate on-the-fly.
- Drag-and-drop file sharing: No attachments; just drag your file and drop it inside Google Wave and everyone will have access.
Use Search at http://topicideas.net/search.php wisely To Get Information About Project Topic and Seminar ideas with report/source code along pdf and ppt presenaion
Active In SP
Joined: Feb 2011
28-03-2011, 03:10 PM
pptgoogle wave.ppt (Size: 1.54 MB / Downloads: 102)
• Google wave is a new communication service previewed today at Google I/O.
• A wave is equal parts conversation and document, where people can communicate and work together with richly formatted text, photos, videos, maps, and more.
• The service seems to combine Gmail and Google Docs into an interesting free-form workspace that could be used to write documents collaboratively, plan events, play games or discuss a recent news.
• Google Wave was extended to nearly 1 million users beginning September 30, 2009
• Google Wave has been designed by the founders of Where 2 Tech, a start-up acquired by Google to create a cutting-edge mapping service, later became Google Maps.
• Benefits from google wave
• Failure of google wave
• Future of google wave
GOOGLE WAVE ORIGINATION
• "Back in early 2004, Google took an interest in a tiny mapping startup called Where 2 Tech, founded by Jens and Lars Rasmussen.
• They thought of what would become Google Maps. But they also started thinking about what might come next for them after maps.
• Jens came up with the most spectacular successes in digital communication, email and instant messaging, were originally designed in the '60s to imitate analog formats — email mimicked snail mail, and IM mimicked phone calls.
• Since then, so many different forms of communication had been invented — blogs, wikis, collaborative documents, etc. — and computers and networks had dramatically improved.
WHAT GOOGLE WAVE DOES?
• "In Google Wave you create a wave and add people to it. Everyone on your wave can use richly formatted text, photos, gadgets, and even feeds from other sources on the web.
• They can insert a reply or edit the wave directly. It's concurrent rich-text editing, where you see on your screen nearly instantly what your fellow collaborators are typing in your wave.
• That means Google Wave is just as well suited for quick messages as for persistent content -- it allows for both collaboration and communication,you can also use "playback" to rewind the wave to see how it evolved."
• Snapshot of google wave
Google wave features
• Google wave gadget installer
• Goto extension gallery
• Here you have all the gadgets in puzzle form as the sample in figure
• Click install
• Ribbit conference call
• This gadget is currently available in the Extensions Gallery.
• A quick conference call would be more productive than continuing your back-and-forth in google wave
Google wave ping
• If you're looking for a fast, easy way to start communicating live with your contacts, you can ping them. Pinging someone is similar to IMing or chatting, but your conversation is a wave.
• To ping one of your contacts, follow these steps:
• Locate in your Contacts panel the person you'd like to ping.
• Click the person's name to display his or her profile card.
• Click Ping.
• Enter in the window that appears whatever you'd like to ping to your friend, and click Done.
• When you ping someone, a pop-up window will appear in his or her account, with the message you entered. If the person is online, he or she will receive a notification immediately and can respond to you live. If the person isn't available, the notification will pop up the next time he or she signs in to Google Wave. (When someone's online, you'll notice a green ball in the bottom corner of his or her profile photo, in your Contacts panel.) If you prefer to view your conversation in your wave panel, rather than the pop-up window, click theExpand icon at the top of the notification window (indicated by two boxes).
• The Iframe gadget
• The Iframe gadget embeds an Iframe in your blip that can display any web page you choose.
• Just click the Edit link, type the URL of the web site you'd like to embed, and then click the View link.
• You can also adjust the height of the gadget in your wave when you're editing the URL.
• The AccuWeather.com gadget provides you with a weather forecast based on any date and location you choose
• Sure it's information you can find by searching elsewhere, but if you're planning a getaway with other participants, just insert this gadget and your friends won't have to duplicate your efforts.
• Feel like taking your conversation into an old-school instant messaging conversation?
• The Retro Chat gadget inserts an IM window into any blip that all participants in a wave can use
WAVE NAPKIN GADGET
• The Napkin gadget lets you and other participants in your wave do some "back of the napkin" brainstorming.
• Draw your ideas when words can't express what you're trying to get across.
• HTML is the stuff that web pages are made of, and you can copy HTML code from sites all over the web (including the embed code available for most internet videos, for example).
• By default you can't simply copy and paste HTML into a blip and expect it to work
• What you can do is install the HTML gadget, click its Edit link, insert your HTML text, and then click the View link. In response, the HTML gadget renders your HTML code as it was meant to be displayed.
Google wave sudoku gadget
• Take a break from work and give your brain a little workout with the Sudoku gadget.
• You can either tackle a puzzle by yourself or compete against the participants in a wave
• Share charts with participants in your wave with the Chart gadget; it's easy to use, and capable of creating pie charts, line charts, bar graphs, scatter plots, Venn diagrams, and pretty much any kind of data visualization your heart desires.
• Want to share your latest set of pictures from your work party with your co-workers?
• Drop the Picasa/Flickr gadget in a wave, then point it toward an album on photo sharing sites Picasa or Flickr for clickable thumbnails that expand to larger views of the images.
• Video chat gadget
• Sometimes a phone call just isn't enough. The Video Chat Experience gadget—as its name suggests—allows you to start a video chat with another participant in a wave.
• Nothing beats a good table for making sense of information.
• Drop the List gadget in your blips to collaboratively build tables with any set of data you want, adding any custom columns you want.
• Is deciding where to eat with your co-workers a daily battle? Make it democratic by voting it out using the Lunchy gadget.
• Insert the Mind Map gadget to collaboratively mindmap ideas with other participants in a wave.
• Figure shows one example of how this chapter might map out in Wave using the Mind Map gadget
Active In SP
Joined: Apr 2012
02-04-2012, 12:14 AM
I wanna a reminaar report and a good ppt on google wave protocol
heyyy...I want a seminaar report on google wave protocol,and also want a ppt on it...!! plzzzz send me immediately...plzzzz
Active In SP
Joined: Feb 2012
02-04-2012, 09:56 AM
to get information about the topic "Google Wave" full report refer the link bellow
|Tagged Pages: seminors on google wave, google wave seminar free download, google wave ieee paper pdf, google wave protocols ppt, google wave seminar, seminar on google wave protocol, pure sine wave inverter,|
|Popular Searches: complete download technical seminar ppt for google wave, ping g 15, google casestudy, about google wave protocol in ppt, z wave alarm, google wave seminat ppt, trends google,|