Rolling display using LED Matrix
Active In SP
Joined: Mar 2010
22-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Rolling display using Matrix LEDs
This project and implimentation can be used for Advertising or for providing information at various places like shops, government offices, hospitals, railway stations. The Rolling display is prepared using 5 X 7 Matrix LEDs which means LEDs are arranged in a pattern consisting of 5 columns and 7 rows. A matrix of 5 X 7 LEDs contribute to a single character. Here we have used 6 characters which means 6 matrices. The actual physical diamension of single matrix is 10 cm by 8 cm, so diamension of complete display is 10 cm by 48 cm. A keypad used to select which message has to be displayed. These messages are stored in a EEPROM. PC interfacing is used for sending data to computer.
Description in detail:
This project and implimentation mainly consist of following blocks
1. 5 x 7 Matrix LEDs: We have to display characters in the messages, for this purpose we are going to use 5 X 7 matrix of LEDs. A single matrix consists of 5 columns and 7 rows. We have used 5mm Red LEDs. The actual physical diamension of single matrix is 10 cm by 8 cm.
2. Control Unit: This unit is used to select the matrices sequentially, control unit gets input from Microcontroller and then gives output to individual matrix. Only one matrix is selcted at a time so as to display a character.
3. Microcontroller: This is the CPU (central processing unit) of our project and implimentation. We are going to use a microcontroller which belongs to the 8051 family. The various functions of microcontroller are like
I. Reading input from Keypad and store it into EEPROM II. Sending data to Data bus so that it displays characters on the Matrix. III. Storing the data into EEPROM memory and display it later using Matrix. IV. Sending the data to the computer using serial port
4. EEPROM: We are going to use EEPROM memory, it is Electrically erasable programmable read only memory. It stores the data even if power supply is disconnected. This is used to the characters which has to be displayed on the Matrix display.
5. PC Interfacing: We are going to use max 232 IC for pc interfacing, the values of message to be diplayed on Matrix LEDs will be sent to PC.
6. Keypad: Various operations of keypad are as following,
I. Start / Stop display.
II. Select message to be displayed.
III. Send/Receive data to Computer
Use Search at http://topicideas.net/search.php wisely To Get Information About Project Topic and Seminar ideas with report/source code along pdf and ppt presenaion