seminar projects crazy|
Active In SP
Joined: Dec 2008
30-01-2009, 12:15 AM
The electrochemical ultracapacitor is an emerging technology that promises to play an important role in meeting the demands of electronic devices and systems both now and in the future. This newly available technology of ultracapacitors is making it easier for engineers to balance their use of both energy and power. Energy storage devices like ultracapacitors are normally used along with batteries to compensate for the limited battery power capability. Evidently, the proper control of the energy storage systems presents both a challenge and opportunity for the power and energy management system. This paper traces the history of the development of the technology and explores the principles and theory of operation of the ultracapacitors. The use of ultracapacitors in various applications are discussed and their advantages over alternative technologies are considered. To provide examples with which to outline practical implementation issues, systems incorporating ultracapacitors as vital components are also explored. This paper has aimed to provide a brief overview of ultracapacitor technology as it stands today. Previous development efforts have been described to place the current state of the technology within an historical context. Scientific background has also been covered in order to better understand performance characteristics. Possible applications of ultracapacitor technology have also been described to illustrate the wide range of possibilities that exist. Because of the advantages of charging efficiency, long lifetime, fast response, and wide operating temperature range, it is tempting to try and apply ultracapacitors to any application that requires energy storage. The limitations of the current technology must be fully appreciated, however, and it is important to realize that ultracapacitors are only useful within a finite range of energy and power requirements. Outside of these boundaries other alternatives are likely to be the better solution. The most important thing to remember about ultracapacitors technology is that it is a new and different technology in its own right. There may exist some similarities between ultracapacitor operation and the operation of electrostatic capacitors, but there are fundamental differences that result from the different physical processes involved and these must be appreciated. Problems may be encountered if systems are designed based on the assumption that ultracapacitors behave like normal capacitors. Ultracapacitors are, at any rate, a part of the new wave of advanced energy storage devices that will further the push towards greater energy efficiency and more sustainable alternatives. They will be a useful tool with which to engineer highly efficient electrical and electronic systems, and as the state of the technology advances they will become progressively more commonplace.
Use Search at http://topicideas.net/search.php wisely To Get Information About Project Topic and Seminar ideas with report/source code along pdf and ppt presenaion
Active In SP
Joined: Jul 2009
20-07-2009, 02:06 PM
thanx for the help
Active In SP
Joined: Aug 2009
18-08-2009, 03:22 PM
pls send full report to firstname.lastname@example.org
Active In SP
Joined: Feb 2011
15-03-2011, 12:13 PM
EE394V_DG_Fall2008_Week6 part2.ppt (Size: 3.21 MB / Downloads: 203)
Technical seminar and presentation on ultracapacitor
• In the past 2 classes we have discussed battery technologies and how their characteristics may or may not be suitable for microgrids.
• Batteries are suitable for applications where we need an energy delivery profile. For example, to feed a load during the night when the only source is PV modules.
• However, batteries are not suitable for applications with power delivery profiles. For example, to assist a slow load-following fuel cell in delivering power to a constantly and fast changing load.
• For this last application, two technologies seem to be more appropriate:
• Ultracapacitors (electric energy)
• Flywheels (mechanical energy)
• Other energy storage technologies not discussed in here are superconducting magnetic energy storage (SMES – magnetic energy) and compressed air (or some other gas - mechanical energy)
• Capacitors store energy in its electric field.
• In ideal capacitors, the magnitude that relates the charge generating the electric field and the voltage difference between two opposing metallic plates with an area A and at a distance d, is the capacitance:
• In ideal capacitors:
• Equivalent model of real standard capacitors:
• Kinetic energy:
where I is the moment of inertia and ω is the angular velocity of a rotating disc.
• For a cylinder the moment of inertia is
• So the energy is increased if ω increases or if I increases.
• I can be increased by locating as much mass on the outside of the disc as possible.
• But as the speed increases and more mass is located outside of the disc, mechanical limitations are more important.
• However, high speed is not the only mechanical constraint
• If instead of holding output voltage constant, output power is held constant, then the torque needs to increase (because P = Tω) as the speed decreases. Hence, there is also a minimum speed at which no more power can be extracted
• If and if an useful energy (Eu) proportional to the difference between the disk energy at its maximum and minimum allowed speed is compared with the maximum allowed energy (Emax) then
Joined: Oct 2012
10-12-2012, 11:48 AM
to get information about the topic "ultra capacitors" full report ppt and related topic refer the link bellow
|Tagged Pages: ultracapaccitor seminar, supercapacitor seminar report, http seminarprojects com thread ultracapacitors 1062, technical seminar topics on ultracapacitor pdf, google, ultra capacitor seminar project report, ultracapacitors seminar topic,|
|Popular Searches: ppt ultracapacitors, ultracapacitor operation, ultracapacitor seminar ppt, ultracapacitors for cars, supercapacitor seminar, supercapacitor seminar topic ppt, supercapacitor for seminar,|
|Possibly Related Threads...|
|An Electric Gearshift With Ultracapacitors for the Power Train of an Electric Vehicle||project girl||0||318||
07-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Last Post: project girl